Horror! Man’s Hands Gets Caught Up In Plastic Moulding Machine…See How He Was Rescued (Photo)
A young man has nearly lost his hand in a tragic incident recently.
The lucky man, a 25-year-old man on Wednesday accidentally got his hand caught in a plastic moulding machine.
According to Daily Sun SA, the incident happened at a plastic manufacturing factory in Chatsworth industrial area, south of Durban, South Africa.
KZN Emergency Medical Services spokesman Robert McKenzie said the situation looked terrible and it was discovered that the man had been critically injured after his hand had been released.
“Paramedics from the KZN Department of Health’s Emergency Medical Services responded swiftly to the incident.
“They found the man with his hand trapped by a bar in a plastic moulding machine,” he said.
Mckenzie added that after examining the man and checking his vital signs, paramedics gave him pain killing medication.
“They were then able to free his hand from the machine.
“He was stabilised and taken to a nearby hospital for further medical care,” he said.
It was established that the injured man was employed in the factory and was the one operating the machine when the accident happened.
McKenzie said the exact circumstances that led to the incident were not clear.
“The matter will be investigated by safety officers,” he said.
The man’s identity was not released.