MusicMusic VideoMixtapesNewsEntertainmentMovies & TV ShowComedy

Join GLtrends On Whatsapp For Updates & Daily Giveaway

Alleged Domestic Violence: Manchester United Footballer, Mason Greenwood Released On Bail Pending Further Investigation

Manchester United forward, Mason Greenwood has been granted bail pending further investigation on suspicion of domestic violence and r*pe.

On Sunday January 30, the England footballer was detained on suspicion of r*pe and assault after his girlfriend alleged incidents of violence posted pictures and videos on social media.

Police were granted extra time on Monday to question the 20-year-old and he was further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill.

On Wednesday, Greater Manchester Police said Greenwood was released from custody on bail pending further inquiries.

A statement said: “A 20-year-old man arrested (on Sunday 30 January 2022) on suspicion of the rape and assault of a woman has been released on bail pending further investigation”.

Greenwood was suspended from playing or training with Manchester United following the weekend allegations.

Related Posts
1 of 55,140

The allegations were posted on Instagram on Sunday morning as videos, photographs, and a voice note which claimed to be a conversation between Greenwood and the woman surfaced online. They have since been deleted.

Greenwood made his debut in 2019 and has since made 129 appearances for Manchester United. He made his senior England debut in 2020.

On Tuesday night, Manchester United released a statement reiterating their “strong condemnation of violence of any kind”.

The club added: “As previously communicated, Mason Greenwood will not train with, or play for, the club until further notice.”

The striker, from Bradford, was earlier removed from versions of the FIFA 22 game following his initial arrest after Nike suspended their deal with the player.

A spokesperson from the game’s manufacturer Electronic Arts said: “Mason Greenwood has been removed from active squads in FIFA 22 and has also been suspended from appearing in FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) packs and Ultimate Draft.”

An earlier Nike statement read: “We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation.”

Join GLtrends On Whatsapp For Updates & Daily Giveaway

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

X