Checkout the top 5 ranking for 2022 Ballon d’Or
Without a doubt, the most coveted individual honor in football is the Ballon d’Or award.
The award is given out annually by France Football, a national football news publication in France. On the basis of votes from the media, national team captains, and coaches, the Ballon d’Or winner is selected.
The 2022 Ballon d’Or race is taking shape nicely as the 2021-22 season comes to a close. It’s safe to say that we now have a good idea of who will be the top contenders in the coming year. One thing is for sure, and that is that we will have a new winner this time around.
- Be yourself and stop being carried away to be the new Messi – Massimiliano Allergi tells ex Juventus star
- Doing the same thing as Cristiano Ronaldo is impossible – Karim Benzema
Let’s take a look at the five front-runners for the Ballon d’Or in 2022.
5. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) led all active players in scoring and assists for PSG with 48 goals and 31 helpers. France’s first division championship and the UEFA Nations League were both his.
4. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – The Egyptian captain won the FA Cup and Carabao Cup. He netted 33 goals and provided 19 assists across all competitions for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
3.Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – He scored 56 goals and made 11 assists in all competitions. He was the European Golden Shoe winner, the Bundesliga champion, and the DFL Supercup champion.
2. Sadio Mane (Liverpool) – FIFA’s Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) was won by Senegalese international. 29 goals and five assists helped the Reds win the FA Cup and Carabao Cup
1. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) – His achievements include winning the UEFA Nations League, the Supercup de Espana, the Champions League trophy, and the LaLiga championship. In the just-completed season, he was the leading scorer in the Champions League and LaLiga.
In all competitions, he scored 47 goals and assisted on 15 others for Real Madrid.